Enrolment Duration – Students have up to 24 months to complete the course (Self-Paced). Average completion is less than 12 months
BSB50820 Diploma of Project Management provides students with the tools necessary to effectively manage projects in a variety of workplace contexts.
From inception to project completion, the project manager is responsible for quality planning, monitoring and guiding team members, evaluating individual and team performance and developing effective amendments for future projects.
You will cover topics such as human resources, risk management, stakeholder engagement and project design within your studies. Upon completion, students will feel comfortable undertaking complex projects and demonstrating key essential skills such as communication, delegation, organisation, leadership, negotiation and problem solving.
First Choice College offers two payment options:
OPTION 1 – Upfront payment: Receive a substantial discount by making a full payment upfront.
Total course price is $2,290. Apply now and take $800 off the total course price, only pay $1,490!
OPTION 2 – Payment plan: Payment of a $150 deposit with your enrolment application, followed by 25 cost-effective fortnightly instalments of $85.60. Total course price is $2,290.
Check out the Course Fees tab for further details.
- Expected Outcomes
These roles can be self-fulfilling and rewarding as they give people the opportunity to apply their skills and knowledge in almost countless situations across many different industries. By participating in this program, you can expect to attain the following outcomes:
- Learn how to manage all components of a project, such as costs and human resources.
- Integrate the components of a project together.
- Communicate with others effectively.
- Career Opportunities
Possible job roles relevant to this qualification include:
- Project Coordinator
- Project Management Officer
- Project Team Member
- Program Administrator
- Target Group Description
The target market for the delivery of the training product is identified as having 2 distinct groups, which we refer to as cohorts as follows:
Cohort 1: Some Level of Experience
- This offering is aimed at students who are already working in a project management capacity (including trainees).
- Seeking employment within a project management environment, or formalising their existing knowledge and skills.
Cohort 2: Novice Learners
- This offering is aimed at students who wish to gain project management experience and may not have worked with projects before, or
- Seeking employment as a project manager.
- Pre-Enrolment Requirements
Student Liaison Officer Contact
During your enrolment application period, a Student Liaison Officer will contact you to run through the entry requirements specific to your course application and answer any questions that you may have about your enrolment.
Required Course Entry Skills
Existing skills needed to complete this qualification include:
- Computer skills such as typing and sending an email, and opening PDF documents,
- Basic skills to use your own printer and scanner,
- Basic skills to use Microsoft Office programs such as Word and PowerPoint such as creating and saving a new file, adding and editing text, tables, images and font,
- Basic internet skills to undertake online research.
Resources needed to complete the course
You will need to ensure you have access to the following resources:
- Stable internet connection with a minimum download speed of 3mbps,
- Go to speedtest.net to perform a speed test of your internet connection
- An email account – can be created through Yahoo, Hotmail and Gmail,
- Microsoft Office (2010 version or later) – must include Word, Excel and PowerPoint,
- Compatible operating systems – Windows 8 and higher, or MAC,
- Current version of a web browser – Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox,
- Latest version of Adobe Reader,
- Video recording device that produces clear footage and audio,
- Desktop computer/laptop,
- Printer and scanner,
- Video conferencing software (Zoom).
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
A USI is a 10-character string unique to you which is needed to undertake nationally recognised training with First Choice College, such as applying into this program. All you need is a form of Australian identification, and 10 minutes of your time to create one. Click HERE to create a USI.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Indicator Tool
First Choice College is committed to supporting all students throughout their studies. To determine a student’s learning support needs and eligibility for enrolment, prior to confirmation of enrolment, you may be required to complete the Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Indicator Tool. an LLN report will be developed and utilised by your trainer and assessor to ensure your individual learning needs are supported throughout the duration of your studies. Any potential learning support strategies to address your LLN needs may be discussed with your trainer and assessor.
- Educational and Support Services
First Choice College will review your LLN Indicator results to determine if support services and reasonable adjustments are required. Reasonable adjustment options are available to accommodate anyone who may have a learning need, disability or impairment. Reasonable adjustments that are made to the training materials and assessments are recorded in the student’s file.
Prospective students who require other support services (not listed) can call the office to discuss the options available prior to enrolment.
Learner need Method of support offered by First Choice College Language barriers
- Explain concepts in clear terms over the telephone
- Enlarge the font size of learning materials
- Allow students to be orally assessed
- Allow students to be assessed in person at the office of First Choice College by an assessor
- Dedicated Learning Support Trainers
- Additional Learning Support Supplements individually tailored from LLN results
- Access to Foundation Skills Training
Your trainer is available to support you during business hours and outside of normal business hours by appointment, either via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on (07) 5689 5060 during office hours. There is no additional cost to speak with a trainer, as trainer support is included in your course fee. Our trainers are passionate industry experts who are available to guide you through your learning experience.
First Choice College has a dedicated Administration Department which provides administrative support to enrolled students. Contact may be made by email at email@example.com or by telephone (07) 5689 5060 during business hours.
This course comprises 12 units of competency, of which 8 are core units, and 4 are elective units.
Unit Code Unit title BSBPMG530 Manage project scope BSBPMG531 Manage project time BSBPMG532 Manage project quality BSBPMG533 Manage project cost BSBPMG534 Manage project human resources BSBPMG535 Manage project information and communication BSBPMG536 Manage project risk BSBPMG537 Manage project procurement BSBPMG538 Manage project stakeholder engagement BSBPMG539 Manage project governance BSBCMM511 Communicate with influence BSBPMG540 Manage project integration
- Mode of Delivery
First Choice College utilises a combination of modes to deliver the training and assessment components of the course. This includes online training, trainer support, self-paced study, and distance-based assessing. Features of our delivery mode include:
- The online training refers to the learning activities which take place through the online Portal.
- Trainer support refers to email and telephone contact with the trainers which is available to all students as and when required.
- Students must complete and upload the assessments via the Student Portal or submit these for marking via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Self-paced study is a mandatory requirement of completing the course.
- Student Access to Resources
Once your enrolment application has been approved (e.g., after meeting the entry requirements), You will receive access to the following learning and assessment resources:
- Contact details for your allocated trainer,
- Access to the first 2 units of competency via the Student Portal.
Students have up to 24 months to complete the course from the day of commencement. Your course will commence once your enrolment application has been finalised and enrolment fees have been paid. Notification of your course commencing is sent via email with your twenty-four-month course period being defined in the official Enrolment Letter. Access to your course materials will be available through your student log-in on the day your course commences.
- Amount of Training and Assessment
The amount of training is calculated based on the following formal learning activities:
Self-paced study includes accessing the learner guides and associated readings, independent research, and trainer interaction via email and telephone.
Where students present with Credit Transfers and/or RPL the self-paced study hours would be reduced accordingly.
Based on the above formal learning activities, the total amount of training is:
- Cohort 1 total amount of training is 504 hours
- Cohort 2 total amount of training is 608 hours
Volume of Learning
*Estimated assessment hours are a guide only. This will vary for individual students whereby the hours may be more or less depending on the student’s comprehension.
- Information Regarding Assessments
Each module in this course contains a range of assessments including written questions and project based practical assessments.
Assessment Marking System
Every assessment has been developed against the competency standards in each unit. Competency standards include elements, performance criteria, required skills and knowledge, critical aspects for assessment, performance evidence, knowledge evidence, foundation skills and assessment conditions. You will be assessed against all of these standards. If your assessment responses satisfactorily meet all standards you will receive a satisfactory result. If they do not, then your assessors will provide assessment feedback to you and give you the opportunity to resubmit your assessment addressing just the areas where you have not met the standards.
For more information about how results are determined, please refer to the Student Handbook.
Assessments will need to be attempted in full before being submitted for marking. You have up to three (3) attempts to demonstrate competency in each unit. If you are deemed Not Yet Satisfactory (NYS) on the third attempt, you are able to apply for re-assessment, however a $50.00 re-assessment fee applies. You will then have a further three attempts to demonstrate competency. If you are still unable to demonstrate competency after three further attempts, your enrolment will be reviewed by the Operations Manager before any further enrolment is permitted. Please refer to the fee schedule located in the Student Handbook.
- Recognition Processes
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
First Choice College offers you the opportunity to be assessed through recognition of prior learning. Please refer to the RPL Application Kit for this course. You have up to three (3) opportunities to submit your RPL application for review. If there are gaps in your RPL evidence, then you will be required to complete the remaining gaps through formal assessments which will be organised by your RPL assessor. This may result in being enrolled in specific units to complete some training and assessment for whole units and/or parts of units.
Credit Transfer (CT)
First Choice College recognises statements of attainment and qualifications issued by other registered training organisations (RTOs). There is no charge to transfer these into your enrolled program, just ensure you can send these through as evidence.
- Course Fees
First Choice College offers two payment options:
OPTION 1 – Upfront payment: Receive a substantial discount by making a full payment upfront.
Total course price is $2,290. Apply now and SAVE $800 and only pay $1,490! Ends soon.
Please note: Amex credit card transactions will incur a 3.8% transaction fee.
OPTION 2 – Payment plan: First Choice College offers a cost-effective payment plan on all Diploma courses! Conditions of the payment plan include:
- Your student journey begins by completing the enrolment application and payment of a $150 deposit. The balance of your total investment will be 25 fortnightly instalments of $85.60. This easy to manage payment plan is a great option to further your education.
- Your total investment in your future is $2,290. Don’t forget, a favourable portion of your investment, you may be able to claim on your tax return.
- Signing an EziDebit Direct Debit Request form to authorise fortnightly direct payments from either your credit card or your bank account. First Choice College will email you a link to a pre-filled EziDebit Direct Debit Request form outlining the terms of the payment arrangement, after the initial investment fee is received. Follow the prompts and instructions provided to complete the form.
- Instalment payments will commence from your preferred plan starting date as nominated on your electronic EziDebit Direct Debit Request form. The fortnightly instalments of $85.60 will be directly debited each fortnight until all fees are paid in full (25 fortnightly payments).
- Your enrolment will commence upon receipt of your first debit into our account, which may take up to 3 business days to process.
By opting to pay your course fees via a payment plan, you also agree to the EziDebit terms and conditions. EziDebit will charge the following fees to the student:
- Amex credit card transaction fee – 3.8% each time
- SMS Payment Reminder – $0.28 each time (applies if you select the field: ‘I authorise EziDebit to remind me of upcoming debits via SMS’)
- By selecting the payment plan option, you agree to making payment to the full financial commitment, regardless of whether you are a current or withdrawn student.
- Ezibebit can only process payments from Australian Bank Accounts and Australian Credit Cards.
Failed payment fees apply and are imposed by EziDebit. Refer to the EziDebit terms and conditions. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure there are sufficient funds in their nominated bank account or credit card, prior to the payment being made. Access to training materials, support services and the online learning system will discontinue if instalment payments are not received by First Choice College in accordance with the debit arrangement.
First Choice College’s national accreditation profile was adapted from the National Register. training.gov.au is the official National Register on VET in Australia and is the authoritative source of information on Registered Training Organisations. You can check out our registration HERE
As a Registered Training Organisation (RTO), First Choice College is required to comply with the Standards for RTOs (2015) which is regulated by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA). You can find more information about the governing body HERE
Once a prospective student has enrolled and paid for a course offered by First Choice College, each individual is entitled to exercise their right as a consumer in accordance with the Australian Consumer Law and the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC).
For more information about our Refund Policy, you can refer to the Student Handbook.