Course Duration: Up to 18 months (Self-Paced)
The double advanced diploma program offered by First Choice College has been designed to strengthen your leadership and management skills and increase your business expertise. By combining both the BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management and the BSB60215 Advanced Diploma of Business, you will gain valuable insights into corporate management processes, skills which can be transferred across a diverse range of industries.
Ideal for senior managers, or those looking to advance into an executive role, this dual qualification will develop your knowledge and skills in the areas of business and strategic planning, finance, risk assessment and human resources.
Achievement of this qualification also provides a clear pathway to undergraduate level studies at most Australian universities offering business degree programs.
Payment of a $150 deposit with your enrolment application, followed by 25 cost-effective fortnightly instalments of $133.60. Total financial commitment is $3,490.
Check out the Course Fees tab for further details.
- Who Should Do This Course?
Possible job roles relevant to this qualification include:
- Senior Executive Management
- Business Director
- Business Development Manager
- Human Resources – Strategic Planning
- Administration Manager
- Business Analyst
- Department Manager
Applicants new to the industry might consist of individuals:
- Looking for a career change
- Needing this qualification for employment purposes
- Seeking a formal qualification
- With extensive management experience seeking a formal qualification
- Taking on an executive role within their organisation and who are seeking a formal qualification
- Delivery Mode
Prospective students have the option of selecting the online or distance learning option. You can choose either option when completing your Enrolment Application.
Online learning: You will receive log in details to access the online learning materials.
Distance-based learning: You receive the printed version of the course via post*
*Printed materials will incur additional fees. Please refer to the Student Handbook for further information.
Whether you choose online or distance-based learning, there is no classroom training or attendance required!
- Entry Requirements
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
A USI is a 10-character string unique to you which is needed anytime you undertake nationally recognised training, such as applying into this program. Click here to create a USI: https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-your-usi.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Indicator Tool
The LLN Indicator Tool may be required once you have applied for the course. The LLN Indicator Tool is used for us to determine whether you require any additional support with your course and how to enhance your student experience.
Student Liaison Officer Contact
One of our Student Liaison Officer’s will contact you soon after you have made your enrolment application. We want to discuss the course with you further, including information about the entry requirements, course structure, assessments, etc.
In addition to the above requirements, all applicants must demonstrate evidence of one of the following:
- A Year 12 Certificate (or equivalent),
- An AQF Certificate IV (or higher), or
- Achieve a level 4 or higher via the LLN Robot.
The BSB60215 Advanced Diploma of Business qualification comprises 8 units of competency, all of which are packaged as elective units.
The BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management qualification comprises of 12 units of competency, including 4 core units, and 8 elective units.
First Choice College offers the following 12 units of competency for this dual qualification, which meet the packaging requirements for both qualifications:
Topic Unit Code Unit title Diversity BSBDIV601 Develop and implement diversity policy Finances BSBFIM601 Manage finances Human Resources BSBHRM602 Manage human resources strategic planning Innovation BSBINN601 Lead and manage organisational change Management BSBMGT605 Provide leadership across the organisation Management BSBMGT608 Manage innovation and continuous improvement Management BSBMGT615 Contribute to organisation development Management BSBMGT616 Develop and implement strategic plans Management BSBMGT617 Develop and implement a business plan Marketing BSBMKG609 Develop a marketing plan Risk management BSBRSK501 Manage risk Sustainability BSBSUS501 Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
This course is self-paced and you have up to 18 months to complete this qualification from the day your course commences, giving you time to fulfil all necessary training requirements (see below). We understand that life can sometimes get in the way of your studies, so we also have extension options available if you need more time.
- Amount of Training
The amount of training required to complete this course comprises three items:
- Self-paced study hours
- Assessment hours
- Independent research
Self-paced study hours
Theory before practice! Self-paced study refers to the time required to read and understand the course content before tackling the formative and summative assessments. We recommend allocating at least 12 hours per week to self-paced study throughout your course enrolment period. Please note that some modules will require more self-paced study due to the nominal hours and volume of learning required.
Assessment hours refers to the expected time you should allocate towards completing the assessment activities in each module, such as the formative and summative assessments. Every unit is different, and some modules will take longer to complete than others. The overall time taken to complete these assessments will also depend on other factors, such as time commitment and familiarity with the course content.
To complete activities within your assessments, you will be required to undertake additional independent research. Independent research includes researching relevant websites to further your knowledge and application of completing the assessments.
Volume of Learning
The volume of learning for the BSB60215 Advanced Diploma of Business and BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management as a Learning and Assessment pathway is 1800 hours. To complete this double qualification part time over three years you will need to allocate 12 hours a week.
Completing this course requires research, independent study and some practical tasks for particular units. First Choice College also provides candidates with access to simulated scenarios that gives the student the opportunity to meet the following critical criteria:
- Quality – The work is of the standard required for entry into the industry.
- Productivity – The work is performed within a timeframe appropriate for entry to the industry.
- Safety – The work is completed in a manner that meets industry safety standards.
Assessment activities are realistic and reasonable in terms of scale. An assessment conducted under simulated conditions reflect those typically found in the workplace.
- Course Requirements
To complete this course, we suggest that each potential student has basic computer skills such as sending an email, using a printer and scanner, using Microsoft Office programs, and internet skills to undertake online research.
You will need to ensure you have access to the following technological resources:
- Stable internet connection with a minimum download speed of 3mbps. Go to www.speedtest.net to perform a speed test on your internet connection
- An email account – Can be created through Yahoo, Hotmail and Gmail
- Microsoft Office (2010 version or later) – must include Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Compatible operating systems – Windows 8 and higher, or MAC
- A current version of a web browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
- The latest version of Adobe Reader
- Video recording device that produces clear footage and audio
- Desktop computer or laptop
- Printer and scanner
- Video conferencing software (Zoom)
- Learning Resources
Online learning option
All enrolled students have access to the following learning resources;
- Assessment information
- Learning support material
- All assessment tools
- All supporting resource materials such as templates
Distance learning option
All enrolled students have access to the following learning resources;
- Participant guide (contains the assessment tools and content about each unit of competency)
- All supporting resource materials such as templates
If you wish to receive access to both online and distance materials, the printed fee is $35.00 per unit of competency (see the Fee Schedule in the Student Handbook for further information).
- Educational and Support Services
First Choice College offers a range of educational and support services available to students who require additional assistance with their course. Examples of these services are listed below.
Learner need Method of support offered by First Choice College Language barriers
- Explain concepts in clear terms over the telephone
- Enlarge the font size of learning materials
- Allow students to be orally assessed by Zoom
First Choice College has a dedicated Administration Department which provides administrative support to enrolled students. Contact may be made by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (07) 5689 5060 during business hours.
During your enrolment period, your trainer is available to support you, either via email at email@example.com or by telephone on (07) 5689 5060 during business hours. There is no additional cost to speak with a trainer, as trainer support is included in your course fee. Our trainers are passionate industry experts who are available to guide you through your learning experience.
- Course Fees
First Choice College offers a cost-effective payment plan on all Advanced Diploma courses! Conditions of the payment plan include:
- Your student journey begins by completing the enrolment application and payment of a $150 deposit. The remaining balance of your total investment will be 25 fortnightly instalments of $133.60. This easy to manage payment plan is a great option to further your education.
- Your total investment in your future will be $3,490.
- Signing an EziDebit Direct Debit Request form to authorise weekly direct payments from either your credit card or your bank account. First Choice College will email you a link to a pre-filled EziDebit Direct Debit Request form outlining the terms of the payment arrangement, after the initial investment fee is received. Follow the prompts and instructions provided to complete the form.
- Instalment payments will commence from your preferred plan starting date as nominated on your electronic EziDebit Direct Debit Request form. The fortnightly instalments of $66.80 will be directly debited each consecutive fortnight until all fees are paid in full (25 fortnightly instalments).
- Your enrolment will commence upon receipt of your first debit into our account, which may take up to 3 business days to process.
By opting to pay your course fees via a payment plan, you also agree to the EziDebit terms and conditions. EziDebit will charge the following fees to the student:
- SMS Payment Reminder – $0.28 each time (applies if you select the field: ‘I authorise EziDebit to remind me of upcoming debits via SMS’)
- Ezibebit can only process payments from Australian Bank Accounts and Australian Credit Cards.
Failed payment fees apply and are imposed by EziDebit. Refer to the EziDebit terms and conditions. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure there are sufficient funds in their nominated bank account or credit card, prior to the payment being made. Access to training materials, support services and the online learning system will discontinue if instalment payments are not received by First Choice College in accordance with the debit arrangement.
- Course Inclusions
Your total educational investment is inclusive of the following items:
- Learning and assessment resources
- Trainer and assessor support by phone and email
- Up to 18 months to complete the course (extension options are available)
- Additional support services (where applicable)
- Certificate and Record of Results issuance (does not include replacement certificates)
- RPL applications and credit transfers applications
Once a prospective student has enrolled and paid for a course offered by First Choice College, each individual is entitled to exercise their right as a consumer in accordance with the Australian Consumer Law and the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC).
For more information about our Refund Policy, you can refer to the Student Handbook.