Course Duration: 12 months
|Type of Training||No. of Hours|
|Self-paced study hours||416|
|You may be required to
throughout your course
|Hours will vary
depending on prior
BSB30415 Certificate III in Business Administration is an excellent starting point for those looking to enter the workforce, or to formalise the skills you are already using in your current job.
This course covers an array of topics such as organise schedules, provide service delivery to customers and design and produce business documents. Obtain and apply fundamental skills to use a range of business software and develop your keyboard speed and accuracy to effectively and efficiently work in the business sector!
Advance your administrative and organisational skills and offer a diverse collection of administrative competencies in a number of different work contexts. Complete the BSB30415 Certificate III in Business Administration and gain the most essential and diverse qualification on offer today.
- Who Should Do This Course?
Possible job roles relevant to this qualification include:
- Accounts Receivable/Payable Clerk
- Data Entry Operator
- Junior Personal Assistant
- Office Administrator
- Office Junior
- Word Processor Operator
Applicants new to the industry might consist of individuals:
- Looking for a career change,
- Who need this qualification for employment purposes,
- Seeking a formal qualification,
- With some clerical and office administration experience seeking a formal qualification,
- Taking on a clerical and office administration role within their organisation and seeking a formal qualification.
- Delivery Mode
Prospective students have the option of selecting the online or distance learning option. You can choose either option when completing your Enrolment Application.
Online learning: You will receive log in details to access the online learning materials.
Distance-based learning: You receive the printed version of the course via post.
Whether you choose online or distance-based learning, there is no classroom training or attendance required!
- Entry Requirements
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
A USI is a 10-character string unique to you which is needed anytime you undertake nationally recognised training, such as applying into this program. Click here to create a USI: https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-your-usi.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Indicator Tool
The LLN Indicator Tool will be given to you once you have applied for the course. The LLN Indicator Tool is used for us to determine whether you require any additional support with your course and how to enhance your student experience.
Student Liaison Officer Contact
One of our Student Liaison Officer’s will contact you soon after you have made your enrolment application. We want to discuss the course with you further, including information about the entry requirements, course structure, assessments, etc.
This qualification comprises 13 units of competency, including 2 core units, and 11 elective units. First Choice College offers the following units for this qualification:
Topic Unit Code Unit title Administration BSBADM307 Organise schedules Administration BSBADM311 Maintain business resources Finance BSBFIA301 Maintain financial records Finance BSBFIA302 Process payroll Finance BSBFIA303 Process accounts payable and receivable Finance BSBFIA304 Maintain a general ledger Information technology BSBITU302 Create electronic presentations Information technology BSBITU303 Design and produce text documents Information technology BSBITU304 Produce spreadsheets Information technology BSBITU306 Design and produce business documents Information technology BSBITU307 Develop keyboarding speed and accuracy Information technology BSBITU309 Produce desktop published documents Work health and safety BSBWHS201 Contribute to health and safety of self and others
The course duration is 12 months to complete this qualification from the day your course commences, giving you time to fulfil all necessary training requirements (see below). We understand that life can sometimes get in the way of your studies, so to help keep you on track, we will provide you with a comprehensive Training Plan.
- Amount of Training
The amount of training required to complete this course comprises three items:
- Self-paced study hours
- Assessment hours
- Independent research
Self-paced study hours
Theory before practice! Self-paced study refers to the time required to read and understand the course content before tackling the formative and summative assessments. We recommend allocating at least 15 hours per week to self-paced study throughout your course enrolment period. Please note that some modules will require more self-paced study due to the nominal hours and volume of learning required.
Assessment hours refers to the expected time you should allocate towards completing the assessment activities in each module, such as the formative and summative assessments. Every unit is different, and some modules will take longer to complete than others. The overall time taken to complete these assessments will also depend on other factors, such as time commitment and familiarity with the course content.
To complete activities within your assessments, you will be required to undertake additional independent research. Independent research includes researching relevant websites to further your knowledge and application of completing the assessments.
Volume of Learning
The volume of learning for the BSB30415 Certificate III in Business Administration as a Learning and Assessment pathway is typically one to two years (1200 – 2400 hours). On average if you were to study for a minimum of 10 to 20 hours per week, you may be able to complete the course in 6 -12 months. This may vary according to prior skills and knowledge.
Completing this course requires research, independent study and some practical tasks for particular units. First Choice College also provides candidates with access to simulated scenarios that gives the student the opportunity to meet the following critical criteria:
- Quality – The work is of the standard required for entry into the industry.
- Productivity – The work is performed within a timeframe appropriate for entry to the industry.
- Safety – The work is completed in a manner that meets industry safety standards.
Assessment activities are realistic and reasonable in terms of scale. An assessment conducted under simulated conditions reflect those typically found in the workplace.
- Course Requirements
To complete this course, we suggest that each potential student has basic computer skills such as sending an email, using a printer and scanner, using Microsoft Office programs, and internet skills to undertake online research.
You will need to ensure you have access to the following technological resources:
- Stable internet connection with a minimum download speed of 3mbps. Go to www.speedtest.net to perform a speed test on your internet connection
- An email account – Can be created through Yahoo, Hotmail and Gmail
- Microsoft Office (2010 version or later) – must include Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Compatible operating systems – Windows 8 and higher, or MAC
- A current version of a web browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
- The latest version of Adobe Reader
- Video recording device that produces clear footage and audio
- Desktop computer or laptop
- Printer and scanner
- Learning Resources
Online learning option
All enrolled students have access to the following learning resources;
- Assessment information
- Learning support material
- All assessment tools
- All supporting resource materials such as templates
Distance learning option
All enrolled students have access to the following learning resources;
- Participant guide (contains the assessment tools and content about each unit of competency)
- All supporting resource materials such as templates
If you wish to receive access to both online and distance materials, the printed fee is $35.00 per unit of competency (see the Fee Schedule in the Student Handbook for further information).
- Educational and Support Services
First Choice College offers a range of educational and support services available to students who require additional assistance with their course. Examples of these services are listed below.
Learner need Method of support offered by First Choice College Language barriers
- Explain concepts in clear terms over the telephone
- Enlarge the font size of learning materials
- Allow students to be orally assessed
- Allow students to be assessed in person at the office of First Choice College by an assessor
First Choice College has a dedicated Administration Department which provides administrative support to enrolled students. Contact may be made by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (1300 800 390) during business hours.
During your enrolment period, your trainer is available to support you, either via email at email@example.com or by telephone on 1300 800 390 during business hours. There is no additional cost to speak with a trainer, as trainer support is included in your course fee. Our trainers are passionate industry experts who are available to guide you through your learning experience.
- Fee Information - Upfront payment
The course fee of $790.00 is inclusive of the following items:
- Learning and assessment resources
- Trainer and assessor support by phone and email
- Up to 12 months to complete the course
- Additional support services (where applicable)
- Certificate and Record of Results issuance (does not include replacement certificates)
- RPL applications and credit transfers applications
Payment for the course can be made by:
- MasterCard and Visa Card
- Telephone payment for credit card payments
- Purchase Order
- Bank deposit – see details below
You may directly deposit your course fee into the account detailed below. Please ensure you reference your payment with your full name. Alternatively, if depositing cash, please reference your mobile telephone number:
- Account Name: Auswright Training Pty Ltd t/as First Choice College
- Bank: St. George Bank
- BSB: 114-879
- Account Number: 491900424
Payment Plan Option
Prefer to pay off your course? See the “Fee Information – EziDebit interest free payment plan” tab below for more information.
- Fee Information - EziDebit interest free payment plan
Prefer to pay off your course? First Choice College offers an interest-free payment plan option for this course! Conditions of the payment plan include:
- Payment of a non-refundable establishment fee of $198.00 with your enrolment application, followed by sixteen (16) weekly payments of $43.25. (Total financial commitment $890.00).
- Signing an EziDebit Direct Debit Request form to authorise weekly direct payments from either your credit card or your bank account. First Choice College will email you a pre-filled EziDebit Direct Debit Request form outlining the terms of the payment arrangement, after the non-refundable establishment fee is received. Simply choose your payment method, sign the form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instalment payments will commence each Friday, following First Choice College receiving your completed EziDebit Direct Debit Request form. The weekly instalments of $43.25 will be directly debited each consecutive Friday until all fees are paid in full (16 weeks). To change the payment day from Friday to another weekday, please contact email@example.com.
By opting to pay your course fees via a payment plan, you also agree to the EziDebit terms and conditions. EziDebit will charge the following fees to the student:
- Amex credit card transaction fee – 3.8% each time
- SMS Payment Reminder – $0.28 each time (applies if you select the field: ‘I authorise EziDebit to remind me of upcoming debits via SMS’)
- This payment option is not available for purchase order/company enrolments.
- Ezibebit can only process payments from Australian Bank Accounts and Australian Credit Cards.
Failed payment fees apply and are imposed by EziDebit. Refer to the EziDebit terms and conditions. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure there are sufficient funds in their nominated bank account or credit card, prior to the payment being made. Access to training materials, support services and the online learning system will discontinue if instalment payments are not received by First Choice College in accordance with the debit arrangement.
Once a prospective student has enrolled and paid for a course offered by First Choice College, each individual is entitled to exercise their right as a consumer in accordance with the Australian Consumer Law and the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC).
For more information about our Refund Policy, you can refer to the Student Handbook.